Have you ever found yourself in one of those movie scenes where the lead character has a big job interview? And after dressing up in their cute blazer and black pumps or three-piece suit and the only pair of brogues they own, the person stands in front of the mirror and says a bunch of sentences like “I am great. I am powerful. I can conquer whatever life throws at me” while trying to strike some hilarious power pose. Those scenes are funny no cap. But also, they work!
In a world where it’s easy to get accustomed to tiny negative self-talks and comments from different angles, positive affirmations ensure that you know who you truly are and you remind yourself of that at every opportunity you get. They help you to create a positive light to see yourself in especially when you’re struggling with success/failure, body image, self-confidence, inter-personal relationships and so on. You show love to and care for yourself by positively affirming yourself daily.
Positive affirmations also condition you to be more kind to yourself. So instead of saying “I’m so stupid, how could I be so foolish?” you say “I am not my mistakes. I am human and even when I make mistakes, I’m constantly improving myself.” The more you use positive affirmations, the more your mind is conditioned to work towards those affirmations.
These are 45 positive affirmations you can say to remind yourself that you deserve all the love and happiness in the world and that the negative thing you or anybody else is saying about you is not your reality.
- I am enough.
- I am loved.
- I have a purpose and I know my purpose.
- I am ready to succeed.
- I deserve to feel good about myself.
- I bring joy to those around me.
- My heart is full of love and life.
- The world wants more of what I have to offer.
- I am not my mistakes.
- I forgive myself for my past mistakes.
- I am a beacon of light to the world.
- I trust myself.
- I am so good at being me.
- I am complete.
- I am whole.
- I put my focus on what I can control and I let go of what I can’t.
- I take care of my mental health everyday.
- I am comfortable being me.
- I am mindful of people around me.
- I celebrate the good in others.
- I attract prosperity.
- I am filled with gratitude daily.
- My world overflows with loving relationships.
- I surround myself with people who make me better.
- I make the people around me better.
- I am comfortable being with myself.
- I know my worth.
- I give myself a chance to breathe.
- I work hard and it’s okay to take time to rest my body.
- It’s okay for me to be vulnerable.
- I’m proud of myself.
- I’m proud of everything I have achieved so far.
- I am living life at my own pace. My only competition is myself.
- I am making a difference in the world.
- I am constantly improving myself.
- I am stronger everyday.
- It’s okay to ask for help when I need it.
- I am allowed to feel (whatever emotion you feel)
- I am in control of my emotions and feelings.
- I breathe in peace and I breathe out fear, anger, negativity.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening and will happen.
- I will take things one step at a time.
- I let go of anger and I see things things clearly.
- I have the strength and clarity I need to get through today.
- I am divinely guided and ready to take on today!
Repeat these daily and meditate on them before starting your day. You can create your own tailored list of affirmations by adding to these and repeating them to yourself everyday. You’re doing amazing sweetie. Keep going!
Tomi of Lagos.